- Assateague Island – A 19,000-acre island off the coast of the US States of Maryland and Virginia, which consists of a national seashore, a state park, and a national wildlife refuge.
- Blue Ridge Parkway – A parkway of more than 81,000 acres that meanders through the US States of Virginia and North Carolina for 469 miles and connects Shenandoah and Great Smoky Mountains National Parks.
- Greenbelt Park – A 1,078-acre park located about twelve miles from Washington DC, inside the Washington Beltway, in the U.S. State of Maryland.
- Gulf State Park – A 6,500-acre park along the coast of the Gulf of Mexico, a short distance southeast of Mobile, in the US State of Alabama.
- Mirror Lake State Park – A park covering over 2,000 acres, located northwest of Madison in the south-central part of the US State of Wisconsin.
- New River Gorge National River – 70,000 acres of protected land and water along 53 miles of the New River in the southern part of the US State of West Virginia.
- Presque Isle State Park – A 3,200-acre sandy peninsula that arches lakeward into Lake Erie, near the city of Erie, in the northwestern part of the US State of Pennsylvania.
- Seney National Wildlife Refuge – A refuge of 95,238 acres located in the east-central portion of the upper peninsula of the US State of Michigan.
- Watkins Glen State Park – A park of 776 acres located in the Finger Lakes region in the western part of the US State of New York.