(Used to manage symptoms of Parkinson’s disease)
Compiled by Pam Duff, RN, CSNC 2009
The following are common examples.
- benztropine [Cogentin]
- glycopyrrolate [Robinul]
- propantheline [Norpanth]
- trihexyphenidyl [Artane]
- Dopamine agonists (levodopa [L-Dopa] and others)
- amantadine [Symmetrel, Symadine]
- bromocriptine [Parlodel]
- levodopa [Sinemet, L-Dopa, and others]
- pergolide [Permax]
- Depletes: B3, B6, B12, C, iron, potassium, SAMe
- 5-HTP can cause scleroderma-like conditions (skin becomes hard and tight) if taken with these drugs.
- Amino acid supplements and high protein foods can reduce drug’s effectiveness.
- SAMe is derived from the amino acid methionine.
- Iron supplements interferes with absorption.
(We invite you to check the books which we have compiled.)