(Used to treat abnormal heart rhythms)
Compiled by Pam Duff, RN, CSNC 2009
The following are common examples.
- Group I moricizine [Ethmozine and others]
- Group IA disopyramide [Norpace and others], procainamide [Procan and others], quinidine [Quinalan and others]
- Group IB lidocaine [Xylocaine and others], mexiletine [Mexitil], phenytoin [Dilantin, and others]
- Group IC flecainide [Tambocar], propafenone [Rhythmol]
- Group II acebutolol [Sectral], esmolol [Brevibloc], propranolol [Inderal and others]
- Group III amiodarone [Cordarone and others], bretylium [Bretylol]
- Group IV diltiazem [Cardizem and others], verapamil [Calan and others]
- Others adenosine [Adenocard], atropine Atro-Pen and others], digitalis [Foxglove], digoxin (Lanoxin), edrophonium [Reversol and others]
- Deplete: A, B1, C, E, calcium, magnesium, phosphorus, potassium
- Note: Vitamin E helps reduce lung toxicity caused by Group III in particular.
(We invite you to check the books which we have compiled.)