Following is a list of links to some currently operating trains around the world.
- Blue Train – One of the most luxurious trains in the world, operating out of Pretoria and Cape Town.
- Kenya Railways – Timetable and other information about the Mombasa-Nairobi-Kampala railroad line.
- Rovos Rail – Luxury rail travel from Cape Town to Dar-Es-Salaam, Tanzania.
- Shongololo Express – Descriptions of train safaris in southern Africa.
- ACP Rail – All Country Passes: Rail Passes and Train Tickets
ACP Rail offers Eurail passes, BritRail, Amtrak, Japan Rail, Australia Rail passes and more. Train tickets for Germany, Italy, United Kingdom, Spain, Norway and other countries.
- Amtrak – A list of trains and routes across the USA.
- Chepe – The Copper Canyon route of Mexico.
- Hull-Chelsea-Wakefield Steam Train – A trip through the Gatineau Hills of Québec
- Polar Bear Express – An excursion in Northern Ontario to James Bay.
- Orphan Trains – Article describing how children from New York’s orphanages came to the Midwest by the trainload in a huge migration that lasted 75 years.
- The Old Patagonia Express – Information about the “Ferrocarril General Roca,” a steam line in the Argentinian provinces of Chubut and Rio Negro.
- The Train at the End of the World – Train to Tierra del Fuego.
- VIA Rail Canada – Rail trips in Canada.
- Eastern and Orient Express – Luxury tourist train between Bangkok and Singapore.
- Konkan Railway Corporation – A Government of India undertaking.
- Alishan Forest Railway – Information on a railway in Taiwan with daily passenger service.
- Palace on Wheels – A luxury train out of Delhi through Indian state of Rajasthan.
- Shimla Kalka Special Train – Information about a special train running between Delhi and Shimla.
- Thailand Trains and Railway Ticketing – Routes and timetables of passenger trains in Thailand.
- Tokaido Shinkansen – Information on the Tokyo to Osaka Bullet Train.
- Trans-Siberian Express – Longest train trip in the world, running from Moscow to Vladivostok in eastern Siberia.
- Trans-Siberian Railway – Various tours on the railway.
- Mysterious Turksib – Information about trains on the Turkestan-Siberia Railway.
- Iranian Railways – Information on Iranian Railway, including passenger timetables.
- Turkish State Railways – Comprehensive information on railway travel in Turkey.
- Bieszczady Forestry Railway – Information about a forestry railway line in Poland.
- Eurail – Information on trains and rail travel in Europe.
- Eurostar – The Chunnel train from London to Brussels and Paris.
- Glacier Express – A Swiss train from Zermatt to St. Moritz through the Alps.
- Little Yellow Train – Electric train, in the French Pyrenees, started in 1903 and fully opened in 1910 from Villefranche de Conflent to Mont Louis, with extension to La Tour du Carol completed in 1927. (It is also known as the Pyrenees Metro and the Yellow Canary.)
- Lufthansa Airport Express – A part of Lufthansa service between Düsseldorf and Frankfurt.
- The Metropolitan – Runs between Hamburg and Köln since 1999.
- Venice Simplon Orient Express – Luxury tourist train from Venice to various ponts.
- The Queen of Scots – Information about a luxury touring train in Scotland.
- Royal Scotsman – Information on the tour train from Edinburgh to points in Scotland.
- Thalys Internet – Schedules for domestic and international trains of the Thalys System in Northwest Europe.
- Vulkan-Expreß – A description of a varied and eventful trip through one of the most scenic valleys of the Rhine in Germany.
- The Ghan – Runs from Melbourne to Alice Springs, Northern Territory.
- Great South Pacific Express – Luxury tourist train between Sydney and Cairns, Queensland.
- Indian Pacific – Runs from Sydney and Adelaide to Perth across southern Australia.
- The Overland – Runs from Melbourne to Adelaide since 1887.
- Overlander – A daylight train running between Auckland and Wellington.
- Tranz Alpine – Runs from Christchurch to Greymouth over the Canterbury Plains and the Southern Alps.
- Tranz Coastal – Runs from Christchurch to Picton along a thin ledge of land pinned between the Pacific Ocean and the rugged Kaikoura ranges.
(Updated January 2010)