|Contents:||Old Testament, New Testament|
|Source Used:||Word Publishing (1987)|
|Location:||Tyndale House, Cambridge, United Kingdom|
This translation of God’s Word was made from the original Hebrew and Greek languages. The translation team was composed of the World Bible Translation Center and fifty additional, highly qualified and experienced Bible scholars and translators. Some had translation experience on the New International, the New American Standard, and the New King James Versions. The third edition of the United Bible Societies’ Greek text, the latest edition of Biblia Hebraica and the Septuagint were among texts used.
Several guidelines were used to make the language clear for any reader. The Living Word Vocabulary, the standard used by World Book Encyclopedia, was the basis for vocabulary. Concepts were put into natural terms – modern measurements and geographical locations. Ancient customs were clarified in the text or footnotes. Rhetorical questions were stated according to the implied answers. Figures of speech and idiomatic expressions were translated according to their meanings. Obscure terms were clarified. An attempt was made to choose gender language that would convey the intent of the writers. The Tetragrammaton was indicated by putting LORD and GOD in capital letters. Hebrew parallelism in poetry and word plays were retained. Images of ancient languages were translated into equivalent English images, where possible.
Genesis 1: 1, 2
In the beginning God created the sky and the earth. The earth was empty and had no form. Darkness covered the ocean, and God’s Spirit was moving over the water.
John 1: 1 – 3
In the beginning there was the Word. The Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was with God in the beginning. All things were made by him, and nothing was made without him.
The following comparative studies include this version:
- Bishops, Overseers, Presbyters, and Elders
- Burden and Yoke to Be Removed
- Commandments or Clean Robes?
- Entering His Rest
- Epistle of James
- Falsifying Scribes
- From Eternity or From Ancient Times?
- Fringe on the Borders of a Garment
- God So Loved the World
- Hebrew Poetry in the Bible
- Hebrew Synoptic Gospels
- Horses from Egypt and Kue
- Israelites and Baal-Peor
- Lord Is My Shepherd: An Anthology
- Miracle at Cana
- Offering Sacrifices to the He-Goat
- Passover and the Days of Unleavened Bread
- Sabbaths and Sundown
- Scripture Inspired by God
- Seventy Weeks of Daniel 9
- Sides of the Court of the Tabernacle
- Some Variations in the Book of Acts
- Song of Solomon
- Speech Problem of Moses
- That Which Will Happen Before the End
- Those Who Work Iniquity
- Time of Peleg
- Was Jesus Forsaken by God?
- Words with Heathen Origins in the Scriptures