If you are a retired teacher or know a retired teacher meeting the qualifications listed below, I would like to hear from you at Contact Us. Please be sure that any retired teacher whom you recommend has given approval.
Margaret Shark, of The Villages, FL, coined the adage “I do not consider myself retired, rather redirected.” It applies to any retired teacher whose story appears on this site. I thank Margaret for granting me permission to quote her.
Qualifications for Stories
Both of the following:
- Are currently officially retired or are still teaching after fifty years of experience.
- Have experience at one or more levels from kindergarten to post-graduate university, including administration, public school or private school, alternate school or home school, traveling school or religious school, correspondence school or distance school, in any country.
Plus any one of the following:
- Taught in one jurisdiction for forty years.
- Taught for at least one year in a second country.
- Taught for at least one year in a multiple-grade one-room rural school.
- Taught for at least one year in a pre-university classroom with over fifty registered students.
- Taught for at least two years in a facility of aboriginal students in any country.
- Taught for at least two years in a special needs classroom (e.g., sight, hearing, learning, autism).
- Taught for at least two years in an inner city school of a city of at least 250,000 residents.
- Taught until at least 75 years old.
- Home schooled one or more children through at least the elementary grades.
- Taught in a school that was on a military establishment.
- Taught in a school that was housed in a railroad coach or a ship.
- Taught for at least one year in another very unique situation.