A snuff is used to stimulate the flow of excess mucus or to loosen congestion. It will open and drain the sinuses quickly.
- 1 teaspoon powdered Goldenseal root
- 1 teaspoon powdered Bayberry bark
- 1 teaspoon Cayenne powder
- 1/4 teaspoon powdered garlic
Combine herbs. Place a pinch of the mixture in the palm of the hand. Close one nostril and sniff up the mixture into the open nostril. Repeat with the other side. This will produce sneezing and copious drainage. This formula has antiseptic and antibiotic properties and has been successfully used for sinus infections.
- 1/2 ounce EACH essential oils of Peppermint, Eucalyptus, and Wintergreen
- 4 ounces olive oil
- 1/2 ounce beeswax
- 4 drops tincture of Benzoin
Heat the olive oil, add essential oils, and immediately stir in the beeswax. Test consistency, then pour into a jar. Rub under the nose to open sinuses. Rub on the chest as a decongestant or on muscles to ease soreness.